This Day in Nuggets History - November 19
Tonight the Denver Nuggets were scheduled to take on John Wall and the Washington Wizards in a matchup of electric point guards. That game has been canceled due to the ongoing NBA lockout. However...
On November 19...
- The Denver Nuggets are 8-5 since joining the NBA.
- In 2008, Denver traveled to take on the Spurs in San Antonio and left with a 91-81 victory. Chauncey Billups led the way with 22 points and Carmelo chipped in 21 points of his own. This was the 4th straight win for the Nugs. Check Out the Recap.
- In 2004, Earl Boykins put up 32 points despite having a dislocated finger as the Nuggets knocked off the Bulls 99-81 at Pepsi Center. Melo added 18 points while battling a migraine for much of the evening. Andres Nocioni led the Bulls with 22 points. Check Out the Recap.
- In 2001, Nick Van Exel and the Nuggets welcomed K-Mart and his Nets to Pepsi Center. Nick "the quick" hit two free throws with 6 seconds left in overtime to give the hometown Nugs a 99-96 victory. Check Out the Recap.
- In 1994, the Nuggets were unable to match Hakeem Olajuwon and the Houston Rockets as they fell 109-101 at McNichols. Hakeem put up 26 points to go along with 13 rebounds in the victory. Denver was led by Reggie Williams' 26 points. Bryant Stith also contributed 25 in the loss. Check Out the Box Score.
- In 1991, Denver welcomed back Nuggets legend Fat Lever to McNicholas as the Nuggets took on the Dallas Mavericks. Dikembe led Denver with 15 points and 18 rebounds. However, the visitors proved to be too much and walked away with a 96-93 victory. Check Out the Box Score.
- In 1976, Denver traveled to the historical Boston Garden to take on the Red Auerbach and the Celtics. As many other opponents that year, Denver was unable to pull this one out as they fell 108-112 to Celtics.
Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter