The Hoops Scoop - December 12, 2011
The Hoops Scoop is a compilation of the day’s top Colorado basketball news
- The Denver Nuggets have extended an offer to restricted free agent Luc Mbah a Moute. Mbah a Moute, a 25-year-old UCLA product, has played for Milwaukee the past three seasons. The deal is reportedly worth four years and $19 million. Milwauke has until Tuesday night to match the offer for the 6-foot-8 forward.
- Nuggets rookie Kenneth Faried is living up to his “Manimal” nickname.
- The Denver Pioneers women’s squad handed Oregon a 89-65 whooping on Sunday. Morgan Van Piper-Rose went 5-of-5 from behind the arc for DU.
- The University of Northern Colorado women got walloped 73-48 at South Dakota over the weekend.
- The Colorado State women dominated Maryville-St. Louis, 73-35, Sunday afternoon. It was the biggest winning margin in head coach Kristen Holts tenure.
- Dick Katte and the Denver Christian Crusaders moved to 4-0 with a convincing victory over Lutheran. Austin LeFebre led the Crusaders with 28 points on their way to a 78-51 victory.
- The Arapahoe boys put together a strong second half to defeat the George Washington Patriots 75-49 on Saturday night.
- After falling to Wyoming on Friday night, Tad Boyle is looking to find the right chemistry for his new look Buffaloes. CU will have a chance to put it all together when they hit the court
again on December 19 against Cal State Bakersfield in Boulder.
- George Karl has big plans for his big man as Timofey Mozgov looks to be a focal point for the Nuggets in the upcoming season.
Contact us at email@example.com
Check out the Hoops Scoop Archive
Find us on facebook
Follow us on twitter