Mile High Hoops Internships
Mile High Hoops is looking for a series of college interns to help us provide unprecedented coverage of basketball around the state of Colorado. As an intern for Mile High Hoops you will be a part of the
fastest growing basketball community in the state and responsible for providing quality coverage for the local teams.
Mile High Hoops offers internships throughout the year which are broken down into 3 sections:
- Fall (September - December)
- Winter (January - April)
- Summer (May - August)
Applications for all seasons will be accepted continuously, so please indicate which season you are applying for.
Interns will be selected based on qualifications, previous experience, knowledge of the sport, location and willingness to travel. We encourage you to submit your resume and cover letter for consideration for this position to email@example.com. The Mile High Hoops intern program is an unpaid position.
- Prepare formal articles based on assigned projects.
- Report to the editor for all stories.
- Edit copy as needed by the editor.
- Create relationships with coaches and players you cover.
- Uphold the positive attitude that Mile High Hoops strives to present.
- Assist in maintaining external news feed.
- Post relevant items to social media outlets.
- Help spread the Mile High Hoops brand around your area.
- Student, or recent graduate, at a 4-year university of college in Colorado.
- Major in journalism, communications or other related subject field.
- Excellent working knowledge of AP style.
- Strong knowledge of basketball and its terminology. Basketball junkie.
- Fearless. Ability to approach high profile public figures with comfort and ease
- Understanding of Microsoft Word.
- Functional with a digital camera.
- Proficient in internet applications and terminology.
- Availability to start immediately and work nights and weekends as needed.
Apply now by emailing your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org